Livingston South station will close for 10 days from close of service on Thursday 29th March and re-opening on the morning of Monday 9th April 2018. Buses will replace trains at this time. The second community drop in will be on Monday 26th Feb from 4pm – 6.30pm in the Murieston Village Hall.
• Work on the redevelopment of Livingston South station started on 13th Feb and will be ongoing for 6 months.
• Phase 1 of the work will be noisy and disruptive for lineside neighbours and there will be changes to walking routes. A compound will also be set up in the car park reducing the number of spaces available from 20th March until 10th April.
• Phase 2 of the project will see a 10 day closure of the Line from Edinburgh Waverley to Glasgow Central from Thursday 29 March to Monday 9 April to enable work at the station. Buses will replace trains at this time as Livingston South station will be completely closed.
• Work at the station will be ongoing from February to August 2018. It is required to make it safe for the operation of an electrified railway and longer trains that will use the route but we are also using this as a chance to upgrade the whole station and introduce lifts to platform level.
• The work is part of a wider programme of investment to electrify the line which will be complete in March 2019.
For latest information and project updates, follow us on twitter
@ShottsLineElec or search using #ShottsLE
You can ask any questions on any aspect of the project by emailing
If you have any issues arising from this work you can contact our 24hr national
helpline on 03457 11 41 41
For information on replacement bus service during the 10 day station closure,