Search this Website
Video of the Month
- playparkDSC_3905 (Large)DSC_3900 (Large)DSC_3904 (Large)DSC_3920 (Large)DSC_3923 (Large)DSC_3922 (Large)
- Support for Living Wage weekWest Lothian Council and Fauldhouse Community Development Trust are teaming up to support Living Wage Week, which runs from 5 to 10 November.
- Changes to alcohol licensing policyAnyone applying for an alcohol licence in West Lothian is encouraged to check the revised policy beforehand.
- Support for Living Wage week
- Glasgow School of Art hits back at criticisms over its management of historic building
- UK Government on course for defeat over delayed crackdown on fixed-odds betting terminals
- Politicians and their plates: Neil Findlay's classic breakfast
- Green campaigners push for dedicated Environment Act for Scotland
- Scottish Tories call to increase littering fine to £100
LOCAL DEVELOPMENT PLAN (LDP)
Intention to Adopt Plan
The West Lothian Local Development Plan Proposed Plan was submitted to the Scottish Government Planning & Environmental Appeals Division (DPEA) on 28 October 2016 to examine the unresolved representations to the Plan.
The principal Report of Examination was issued on 11 … Continue reading
Our feedback questionnaire on the interest in a CDT for Murieston revealed the following suggestions:
- Extending Murieston Trail to Cobbinshaw Reservoir
- Improve facilities at Campbridge Pond
- Maintain and support Murieston and Linhouse Trails
- Fencing to separate playpark from the rest of the field at Robin’s Lane, plus additonal seating
- Inclusive community events – … Continue reading
SEStran currently fund and run a program called TripshareSEStran which uses the Liftshare platform. It performs similarly to Ride Connect with social media and App based connectivity as well as a web portal.
There are currently over 9000 members across the region and they encourage local businesses and community … Continue reading
Associate members may be appointed by a community council where there may be a need for individuals with particular skills or knowledge. These individuals do not have voting rights. Associate members may serve for a fixed period as determined by the community council or for the term of … Continue reading
An article By Prof Cliff Hague (21st Feb 2018)
“How and why has 70 years of planning benefited Scotland? With a Bill to reform the planning system now before Holyrood, this question is timely. Planning is not just about contesting your neighbour’s conservatory; it has long-term impacts on … Continue reading
Livingston South station will close for 10 days from close of service on Thursday 29th March and re-opening on the morning of Monday 9th April 2018. Buses will replace trains at this time. The second community drop in will be on Monday 26th Feb from 4pm – 6.30pm in the Murieston … Continue reading
Car sharing for the daily commute to Edinburgh or Glasgow
Following the recent news about Wellhead Farm and the fact that the development will go ahead despite our best efforts, I thought I’d look at digital solutions to ease the pressure on the A71, M8 and the Livingston South Train … Continue reading
West Lothian Development Trust
The West Lothian Development Trust was set up to administer and manage the West Lothian Development Trust Fund. The total community benefit that WLDT will receive in the next financial year will be in the region of £250K. The trust comprises of members from the communities … Continue reading