Search this Website
- playparkDSC_3905 (Large)DSC_3900 (Large)DSC_3904 (Large)DSC_3920 (Large)DSC_3923 (Large)DSC_3922 (Large)
- Landmark investment deal for WinchburghA landmark deal is set to transform Winchburgh through massive investment in new schools, new homes and vital infrastructure.
- Disappointment over Mill Centre proposalsWest Lothian Council has expressed its disappointment after the owners of the Mill Centre in Blackburn announced its closure.
- Essential upgrade work 11 - 14 JanuaryEssential upgrade work means that the majority of West Lothian Council phone, email and IT systems will be unavailable this weekend.
- Big thanks to Advice Shop volunteersThose who give up their free time to help other West Lothian residents have been thanked for their dedication.
- Landmark investment deal for Winchburgh
- Armed Forces and NHS Digital explore electronic transfer of health records
- Scotland could achieve net zero emissions by 2045, study finds
- Tory bosses 'warn Theresa May that Jeremy Corbyn would win snap election'
- Nicola Sturgeon in London for face-to-face with Theresa May
- Pro-Brexit James Dyson's business relocation to Singapore sparks fury from MPs
LOCAL DEVELOPMENT PLAN (LDP)
Intention to Adopt Plan
The West Lothian Local Development Plan Proposed Plan was submitted to the Scottish Government Planning & Environmental Appeals Division (DPEA) on 28 October 2016 to examine the unresolved representations to the Plan.
The principal Report of Examination was issued on 11 … Continue reading
Our feedback questionnaire on the interest in a CDT for Murieston revealed the following suggestions:
- Extending Murieston Trail to Cobbinshaw Reservoir
- Improve facilities at Campbridge Pond
- Maintain and support Murieston and Linhouse Trails
- Fencing to separate playpark from the rest of the field at Robin’s Lane, plus additonal seating
- Inclusive community events – … Continue reading
SEStran currently fund and run a program called TripshareSEStran which uses the Liftshare platform. It performs similarly to Ride Connect with social media and App based connectivity as well as a web portal.
There are currently over 9000 members across the region and they encourage local businesses and community … Continue reading
Associate members may be appointed by a community council where there may be a need for individuals with particular skills or knowledge. These individuals do not have voting rights. Associate members may serve for a fixed period as determined by the community council or for the term of … Continue reading
An article By Prof Cliff Hague (21st Feb 2018)
“How and why has 70 years of planning benefited Scotland? With a Bill to reform the planning system now before Holyrood, this question is timely. Planning is not just about contesting your neighbour’s conservatory; it has long-term impacts on … Continue reading
Livingston South station will close for 10 days from close of service on Thursday 29th March and re-opening on the morning of Monday 9th April 2018. Buses will replace trains at this time. The second community drop in will be on Monday 26th Feb from 4pm – 6.30pm in the Murieston … Continue reading
Car sharing for the daily commute to Edinburgh or Glasgow
Following the recent news about Wellhead Farm and the fact that the development will go ahead despite our best efforts, I thought I’d look at digital solutions to ease the pressure on the A71, M8 and the Livingston South Train … Continue reading
West Lothian Development Trust
The West Lothian Development Trust was set up to administer and manage the West Lothian Development Trust Fund. The total community benefit that WLDT will receive in the next financial year will be in the region of £250K. The trust comprises of members from the communities … Continue reading